- Packing light is key - focus on versatile, multi-purpose items.
- Bring bare essentials like medications, supplements, mini toiletries, and earplugs.
- Don't forget healthy snacks, water bottle, neck pillow, eye mask, and comfortable shoes.
- Choose items like compression socks, moisturizer, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes.
- Consider bringing relief remedies like Travel-eeze for constipation issues.
Medications and Supplements
- Pack prescriptions and OTC medications you normally take, for the whole trip duration.
- Include supplements like probiotics, vitamins, melatonin for sleep, Dramamine if prone to motion sickness.
- Bring pain relievers, antacids, antihistamine for allergies, antibiotics for travelers' diarrhea.
- Bring small travel sizes of toothpaste, moisturizer, hand sanitizer.
- Pack eye drops, lip balm, sunscreen, contact lens supplies.
- Include menstrual products, razor, brush/comb, earplugs.
- Bring nutritious snacks like protein bars, nuts, dried fruit.
- Pack preservative-free treats like RxBARs, KIND bars, trail mix.
- Include electrolyte mixes for hydration like Liquid I.V. or Nuun tablets.
Reusable Water Bottle
- Bring an empty reusable water bottle you can refill post-security.
- Choose one with flip/push-button top to prevent spills while moving.
- Look for BPA-free, leak-proof models made of glass, stainless steel, or plastic.
Neck Pillow and Eye Mask
- Pack an ergonomic neck pillow for supporting your head/neck when trying to rest or sleep.
- Bring a contoured sleep mask to block out light.
- Choose soft, plush fabrics like velour or microfleece for extra comfort.
- Pack compression socks to stimulate blood flow on long flights, preventing swelling/discomfort.
- Choose light or moderate compression levels, 8-15 mmHg calf pressure.
- Ideal fabrics like nylon/spandex are breathable, moisture-wicking and stretchy.
Travel Relief Remedies
- Natural constipation relief like "Travel-eeze" helps digestion on the go.
- Pack motion sickness remedies, upset stomach/indigestion relief.
- Have anti-inflammatory meds on hand for occasional aches and pains.
Other Recommended Items
- Hand moisturizer, sanitizer
- Disinfecting wipes
- Extra battery pack, charging cords
- Comfortable shoes like slip-on sneakers
Travel in Comfort and StyleFocusing your carry on essentials around comfort, health and practical conveniences removes the stress from traveling. By packingproper medications, remedies, healthy snacks and supportive ergonomic accessories, you give your body what it needs to stay balanced and powered on long flights. Travel-friendly choices allow breezing through security and endless airport walking. Purposeful, versatile packing keeps your carry-on items multi-functional. Most importantly, prepare your mindset by expecting the best. Safe travels!
Five Facts About Carry-On Essentials
- Carry-on luggage is restricted to 45 linear inches total dimensions.
- Liquid toiletries must be under 3.4 ounces container size.
- Medical liquids (medication) and baby formula/milk are exempt from the liquids rule.
- TSA requires all electronics bigger than a cell phone removed from carry-on bags to be screened separately.
- Food items and drinks purchased after passing through security can be taken on board.
Frequently Asked Questions About Carry-On Essentials
What common medicines can you bring in carry-on luggage? Most liquid and solid medicines like pills, inhalers, creams are allowed if medically necessary. This includes liquids like syrups and droppers above the 3.4 ounce limit. Pack medications in original containers with labels if possible.
Can you bring coconut oil or essential oils in a carry-on? Yes, any creams or oils below 3.4 fluid ounces are permitted. For larger sizes, these can typically go in checked bags. Essential oils are also allowed.
What food can you take in carry-on baggage? You can pack most solid foods like protein bars, granola, candy, sandwiches, dried fruit, nuts. Liquids like water, juice and nut butters must adhere to the 3.4 ounce container limit. Exceptions are made for special needs.
Is hand sanitizer allowed in carry-on luggage? Yes, for containers up to 3.4 ounces you can pack hand gel sanitizer in carry-on. This falls under the liquid medications exemption if medically necessary for your health.
Can you take a reusable water bottle through airport security? Yes, empty reusable water bottles made of plastic, metal, or glass are allowed. They may require additional screening. You can fill them post-security.
What things should you never put in carry-on luggage? Banned items not permitted include flammable liquids, gels or aerosols over 3.4 ounces, sharp objects like knives or box cutters, pepper spray or self defense sprays, firearms, sports equipment that could be used as a weapon.
Can you bring vape pens and e-cigarettes in a carry on bag? E-cigarettes and vape pens cannot go in checked luggage but are generally permitted in carry-on bags. Their lithium-ion batteries must be removed if checked. All vaping devices will undergo additional screening. Know policies before traveling.